Chapter Coordinator - Jann
477 23rd St
Phone: (801) 399-7186
Email: [email protected]
The mission of the Safe Kids Weber-Morgan Chapter is to make Weber-Morgan Health District a safer place for children by preventing injuries and fatalities through:
- Raising Community awareness
- Promoting safety by educating adults and children
- Influencing policies
- Establishing private & public partnerships
The four primary target injuries are:
- Motor vehicle
- Pedestrian & bicycle safety
- Home safety (poisoning, fire/burn, falls, drowning, firearms)
- Other safety issues effecting the health and well being of children in the Weber-Morgan Health District.
The goals and objectives of the Safe Kids Weber-Morgan Chapter are:
- Reduce the number of motor vehicle injuries and death in Weber-Morgan Health District by increasing safety belt use.
- Increase the number of children properly secured in child safety seats.
- Increase the knowledge and practice of correct pedestrian skills.
- Increase the use of helmets for bicycles, pocket bikes, skateboarding and motorized skateboarding and increase the knowledge of correct safe riding rules.
- Increase awareness of substance abuse
- Increase cooperation and coordination of injury control prevention in the Weber-Morgan Health district.